The enlightenment of bees
- ISBN: 9780785221432 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 0785221433 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
1 online resource (1 audio file (9hr., 13 min.)) : digital.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States] : Thomas Nelson, Inc., 2019.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:||Read by Madison Lawrence.|
|Summary, etc.:||Sometimes a shattered dream leads to an amazing journey. At twenty-six, apprentice baker Mia West has her entire life planned out: a Craftsman cottage in Seattle, a job baking at The Butter Emporium, and her first love-her boyfriend, Ethan-by her side. But when Ethan declares he "needs some space," Mia's carefully planned future crumbles. Feeling adrift, Mia joins her vivacious housemate Rosie on a humanitarian trip around the world funded by a reclusive billionaire. Along with a famous grunge rock star, a Rwandan immigrant, and an unsettlingly attractive Hawaiian urban farmer named Kai, Mia and Rosie embark on the adventure of a lifetime. From the slums of Mumbai to a Hungarian border camp during the refugee crisis, Mia's heart is challenged and changed in astonishing ways-ways she never could have imagined. As she grapples with how to make a difference in a complicated world, Mia realizes she must choose between the life she thought she wanted and the life unfolding before her. In a romantic adventure across the globe, The Enlightenment of Bees beautifully explores what it means to find the sweet spot in life where our greatest passions meet the world's greatest need.|
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
Life change events Fiction
Humanitarian assistance Fiction
Search for related items by series
- <b class='oils_SH series seriestitle'>Thomas</b> <b class='oils_SH series seriestitle'>Nelson</b> <b class='oils_SH series seriestitle'>on</b> <b class='oils_SH series seriestitle'>BrillianceAudio</b>